(THIS ME DEEPLY FUCKING WITH LIQUID CHLOROPHYLL VIA SELFIES)
I DEEPLY FUCK WITH CHLOROPHYLL. I LOVE PLANTS. Y’all have seen me fawn and go on and on and on about adaptogens, flavanoids and of course, liquid chlorophyll! But, I’ve got links on links about how bossed up adaptogens and flavanoids are, but not a lot about this chlorophyll. So lemme tell u what it’s about!
CHLOROPHYLL IS THE SHIT BECAUSE IT HAS THE POWER AND POTENTIAL TO COMPLETELY TURN OVER AND RENEW OUR BODIES ON A MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR LEVEL! IS THAT NOT INCREDIBLE??!?!?!? THAT’S WHY EATING GREEN FOODS ARE SO GOOD FOR YOU! THE WHOLE IDEA IS THAT U ARE REPAIRING, PROTECTING AND ENRICHING ALL AT THE SAME TIME!
its molecular structure is almost identical to hemoglobin except for the center atom. In hemoglobin this is iron, whereas in chlorophyll it is magnesium ( see look at that Mg in the center of that chlorophyll molecule up top).
This means that when ingested, liquid chlorophyll can actually help to do the job of hemoglobin (hemoglobin is so vital to the health of our blood – in fact, blood is approx 75% hemoglobin). It helps to rebuild and replenish our red blood cells, boosting our energy and increasing our wellbeing almost instantly.
BUT NOT ONLY THAT, IT DOES SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!! LOOK!!!
- Anti Carcinogenic: Chlorophyll protects against a whole host of carcinogens found in fungus-laden foods such as nuts and grains, the toxins from cooked meats, and air-borne carcinogens (from pollution). It blocks the metabolism in the body of harmful chemicals known as procarcinogens that damage DNA. Studies published in the journals Carcinogenesis and Food and Chemical Toxicology clearly display that chlorophyll inhibits carcinogenesis – and further research showing chlorophyll as being cancer-preventative.Researchers at Oregon State University also concluded: “At…cancer rates relevant to humans, chlorophyll was strongly protective”. Great stuff.
- Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory: containing high levels of the vitamins A, C and E, liquid chlorophyll has strong antioxidant capacity and has also been found to help reduce inflammation [Reference].This study from the Journal of Inflammation states: “Chlorophylls and pheophytins showed in vitro anti-oxidant activity. The study shows that chlorophyll a and its degradation products are valuable and abundantly available anti-inflammatory agents and promising for the development of phytomedicine or conventional medicine to treat inflammation and related diseases.”
And in the Journal of Food Science, this study found that: “These results demonstrate that dietary chlorophyll derivatives prevalent in both fresh and processed foods and dietary supplements have antioxidant and antimutagenic activities.”
- Chelation of Heavy Metals: chlorophyll is one of the most important chelates in nature. It’s ability to bind to and remove toxic heavy metals such as mercury makes it an extremely powerful healer. I’m about to have four mercury fillings removed, and you can bet that I will be getting PLENTY of chlorophyll into my body after the procedure!
- Anti-Candida: recent research has also shown that chlorophyll is effective in fighting candida albicans – which does not surprise me. The alkaline approach has always shown itself to be great for candida and the alkaline diet is of course super-high in chlorophyll-rich foods!
- Treats Bad Breath: This one is a real bonus and really works! Chlorophyll has a double-action remedy for bad breath. Firstly, as a deodoriser, it will eliminate odours in the mouth and throat, but secondly (and more importantly) it promotes a healthy digestive tract – which is the primary reason for bad breath. And if you need more –here is another blog post on foods for bad breath!According to Dr Phyllis A. Balch, author of “Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements”, Alfalfa supplies chlorophyll, which cleanses the bloodstream and colon, where bad breath often begins”.
This research summary from Oregon State University also sites a collection of studies showing chlorophyll to be a powerful internal deodorant.
- Wound Healing & Antiseptic: while liquid chlorophyll doesn’t actually have antiseptic properties of its own, it, quite remarkably, DOES have the ability to aid our body’s tissue in destroying germs. By strengthening tissue, it increases the disease resistance of cells and, at the same time, prevents the growth of bacteria! Research also suggests that chlorophyll greatly assists in wound healing and prevention of reinfection.
- Rapid Delivery of Magnesium: chlorophyll is rich in magnesium, which is a highly alkaline mineral and so consuming chlorophyll rich foods has a highly alkalising effect on the body. Magnesium is super-important as it helps to deliver much needed oxygen to cells and tissues, bone formation, nerve and muscle function – PLUS – magnesium is critical for our cardiovascular system, digestive system, nervous system, muscles, kidneys, liver, hormone-secreting glands, and brain all rely on magnesium for their metabolic function (source: whfoods.com).
- Contains vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium, protein: which are all also essential in building and repairing red blood cells and boosting our immune system. [x]
And really you can get it from all good green produce! just be careful if you decide to cook your greens, b/c if you overcook them, you can denature all those helpful chlorophyll molecules. so try steaming them or not cooking them at all and putting them in a green smoothie! Consider spirulina, blue-green algae, chlorella, green barely, wheatgrass, kelp or alfalfa because they have the highest concentration of chlorophyll [x] for good supplement/smoothie boosts. Or you can get some liquid chlorophyll like i got in my selfie up top and take two tablespoons. But lemme mention something to you tho…Be careful with liquid because THIS STUFF STAINS! DON’T DROP THIS SHIT. IT’S PURE PLANT LIFE, DON’T EXPECT TO GET THIS UP/OUT OF MATERIAL IF U SPILL IT! It also stains your mouth which isn’t awful, it goes away after u eat so i normally take mine before breakfast. and then brush my teeth after i take it. Or I take it before bed and then, I don’t give a fuck about having a green mouth. Normally I might take a little more before bed so I can sleep on all that cellular rejuvenation!! If you can get some unflavored, good. if not, the mint isn’t awful to me. Since you refrigerate it, it’s like a really intense mint shot in the morning and i personally find it damn refreshing…BUT YOU GOTTA DO YOU! I’M JUST INVESTED IN Y’ALLS CELLS AND SHIT! So if you got an extra 10-15, you might want to see what’s up! Let me know how u like it if you decide to try it. I stan it tbh.